AVP is an international volunteer progam that enables participants to deal with potentially violent situations in new and creative ways.
New Foundations is a sponsored project under the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center. CNDC, a Colorado 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization, provides New Foundations audit, accounting, insurance, payroll, financial management and technical assistance.
- Louisa Schlieben – Chair, Defense Attorney, Juniper Law, LLC
- Sandra Posey – Secretary, Professor of Women’s Studies, Metropolitan State University
- Lauren Alessi – Member, Research Consultant, Harman, Hogan, and Shelly, LLC
- Charles Greenwood – Member, Defense Attorney, Greenwood and Associates, LLC
- Jeff London – Member, Professor of Criminal Justice, Metropolitan State University
- James Yates – Member, CEO, Sterling Ranch Development Company
Emeritus Board Members
- Ken Wood
- Keith Parsons
- Jim Koucherik
Project Coordinator – Margaret Browne – Margaret has more than 25 years of experience in policy, management and financial analysis work for the City and County of Denver. She was instrumental in streamlining New Foundations into its current organizational structure and has served as project coordinator since 2012.
Volunteer Coordinator – Maire Callan – Maire brings a variety of work and volunteer experiences to her role as Volunteer Coordinator. She graduated with distinction from the Iliff School of Theology where she embarked on a career change, specializing in Spiritual Direction, Pastoral Counseling, and Chaplaincy.
AVP Facilitators -All facilitators are community volunteers who have completed a rigorous training program.